Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Next Page in Workspace

Level 2

Hello all,

I am struggling to find a real next page flow report from Adobe Analytics. I work a lot with the previous page dimension and I just want the same format of dimension but for next page.

The flow in Workspace for some reason I can't understand it is only accounting for less than 0,5% of the total visits of a filtered segment. Using Page URL, Journey Pathing or Page dimensions just goes from 500K visits to 2K.

See here how many visits we have in a segment for one year:Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.30.45 PM.png

This is what I see in the flow diagram using Page URL (v25): Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.32.02 PM.png

Same happens when using "Page" or "Journey Path".

Could anyone share what is your process of analyzing next pages flow of your sites? Furthermore, a table would be much more helpful than a diagram for analysis purposes.

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, I think you've understood what I'm getting at.

At the beginning of your original post you said you "work a lot with the previous page dimension"

So I assume you've got access to both:

• a custom prop or an eVar which is capturing 'previous page'
  • and the out of the box 'page' dimension

I'm suggesting breaking down 'previous page' by 'page', which in affect becomes a 'next page' report

(If you don't have a prop or eVar with 'previous page' captured into it then you should get whoever looks after your implementation to use the Get Previous Value JavaScript plugin to capture the previous page name value into a prop or eVar.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

'Next page' in a table format:

It sounds like you are capturing the 'previous page' into a prop or an eVar and using this as breakdown on 'page' to see what the previous page was.

Conceptually you can just reverse these dimensions to get a 'next page' report

i.e. when you break 'previous page' down by 'page', previous page = page, and 'page' = 'next page'

Does that make sense?

Level 2

I see, you are suggesting to use my list of URLs as Previous Pages so the "Pages" are the next ones right?

It's a good point!!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yes, I think you've understood what I'm getting at.

At the beginning of your original post you said you "work a lot with the previous page dimension"

So I assume you've got access to both:

• a custom prop or an eVar which is capturing 'previous page'
  • and the out of the box 'page' dimension

I'm suggesting breaking down 'previous page' by 'page', which in affect becomes a 'next page' report

(If you don't have a prop or eVar with 'previous page' captured into it then you should get whoever looks after your implementation to use the Get Previous Value JavaScript plugin to capture the previous page name value into a prop or eVar.)