Expand my Community achievements bar.

Next or previous item panel (new) - please explain logic

Level 4

I've been trying out the Next or previous item panel and honestly cannot grasp the built segment logic. My test is with a shop filter. I'm trying to see which filters occur before selecting the filter language. Once built, the table generates a segment automatically, which can be seen in the image attached. Can someone please explain item by item, why the filter is built in such a way? Thanks in advance.

Logic.jpg

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Honestly.. sometimes Adobe's generated segments don't make a lot of sense to anyone human....

I am not sure.. but I will give it a try.

First, while it's cut off, I am not sure the overall scope of the segment... I am guessing it might be Hit level?

So the first part:

Filter Type (non-repeating instance) exists 
If a hit level segment, this would be looking only for hits that have a filter type

Next, there is a Visit level container.. so this part is looking at the flow in the visit, and is broken into sub-parts again:

The exclude sub-container

basically is looking for a hit that does not have filter type (basically the page before filter type does exist)

THEN

(basically this works with the above to say the user went from a hit without a filter to a hit with a filter)

THEN within one "filter type" dimension change

Set the filter type to "Language"

Since I don't know your site or the flows that users can take, I can only assume this makes some sort of sense in the context of your site....