Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

New Prev/Next Page and Summary page bug or poor UX

Community Advisor

There seems to be a bug in the two new Workspace panels.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 3.31.26 PM.png

The dimension item available is only limited to the default that found in the dropdown list(top 25?).  Same issue with other dimension, the dimension item is only limited to those default option.

A page name can be dragged as a dimension item, however it will be reverted to default pageName in a few seconds. Most users of Adobe Analytics have more than 25 pages... We should be able to search and drag desired target page.

Any workarounds?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you build out the panel with the default value, you can modify the segment to contain the page you actually want.

There are three visualizations in the panel (you can't see the segment in the first two), but you can in the Freeform table... click on the segment and then on the pencil to edit it. You can change the page name (or whatever dimension you actually used) to be the value you want (you can also clean up the segment name to reflect the actual).

When you save it, the changes impact all three visualizations, since they all link to the same segment reference

Ideally this issue will be fixed soon, but for now, you can at least make it work for the page you want, which is the important thing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you build out the panel with the default value, you can modify the segment to contain the page you actually want.

There are three visualizations in the panel (you can't see the segment in the first two), but you can in the Freeform table... click on the segment and then on the pencil to edit it. You can change the page name (or whatever dimension you actually used) to be the value you want (you can also clean up the segment name to reflect the actual).

When you save it, the changes impact all three visualizations, since they all link to the same segment reference

Ideally this issue will be fixed soon, but for now, you can at least make it work for the page you want, which is the important thing.

Community Advisor

Thanks JDungan.

I also tried to mark your answer as correct as there were 2 valid responses!

Maybe a new feature request Multiple correct responses...   lol

Community Advisor

The interactions with the dropdown fields are pretty weird. Getting rid of a value by clicking the x-icon in the dropdown does not work for me. Also the search does not work for me, starting the search with every key press and deleting the input randomly.

One additional feature request for the Page Summary panel would be to support non-standard Page dimensions or at least classification dimensions of the built-in Page dimension.

Community Advisor

Yeah, I am having that issue too with dropdowns  

But I like where you are going with the suggestions, so I am giving you a like!