Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Need help sorting out developer access for Adobe Analytics API

Level 1

Hi there -- I'm trying to query the Adobe Analytics API, but I'm unsure that we have the right permissions in place.

I've received confirmation that our account has "Web service access" enabled -- however, Adobe Analytics does not appear as an option when I try to "create a project" on API via Adobe I/O. As a result, I'm blocked from actually trying out the API in that environment.

Are there any other permissions I need to request from the Admin?

Do I need to have some sort of Developer Access in place in addition to "Web service access"? Is it possible to have one without the other?

Any guidance would be a big help -- thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In addition to what @Jennifer_Dungan said, you need to ensure that you have been added as a Developer in the appropriate Adobe Analytics product profile. Your Adobe admin will need to handle this from https://adminconsole.adobe.com.

yuhuisg_0-1661228373582.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

This might be a silly question.. but with the Web Services Access, you did provide access to one or more reporting suites, right? The Web Services Access gives you tool access, but you still need the rights to access the report data.... 

It's not a silly question at all, but I may give a silly answer in response. Our user has access to the right reporting suite in the app itself, and we're also able to pull the data through an outside extraction tool -- but can't get any further than merely logging into Adobe I/O.

Community Advisor

Interesting... I've not had to set up access here.. I know I have access, but I am also the admin so I can't really compare my own permissions to fill in the missing pieces. I would try @yuhuisg's suggestion, and try adding the user as a developer....

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In addition to what @Jennifer_Dungan said, you need to ensure that you have been added as a Developer in the appropriate Adobe Analytics product profile. Your Adobe admin will need to handle this from https://adminconsole.adobe.com.

yuhuisg_0-1661228373582.png

Level 1

Thanks, looking into this -- I've suspected this might be the missing piece.

Community Advisor

Check this: https://developer.adobe.com/analytics-apis/docs/2.0/guides/ as it goes over permission. I would have expected Adobe I/O to show you all services available in the company when creating a project and if permissions are not correct they would have failed during runtime.

Are you sure you are logged in to correct company ? 

Level 1

I'm an external user, but I should only have access to one company. FWIW, I'm able to access the right reporting suite within the Adobe Analytics platform itself.

Community Advisor

I believe Adobe I/O does not use Single Sign On so if your company uses SSO you might be using different accounts as the one you would use on Adobe I/O would be your Adobe ID where in SSO it would be the Enterprise ID even if you are using same email.