Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mobile SDK Implementation

Level 2
Hi,
We are trying to implement Adobe Analytics using the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK in one of our Apps. Can anyone please help us with the support articles or training videos?
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
6 Replies

Community Advisor

Here is Adobe's Documentation (at least the version I could find):
https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/

Are there any specific questions that you have? That might help you get started quicker

Level 1

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan ,
Can we capture the screen load time in mobile sdk implementation as we capture page load time in website. Is screen load time possible ?
FYI, In our use case we are using AEP Mobile SDK > 
meaning using the AEP Edge Network and Mobile Core extensions.

Thanks in Advance.

Community Advisor

Hi @aguseranalytics, how are you capturing "Page Load Time" today on your website?

As far as I know modern browsers have disabled the performance.timing method that the old getPageLoadTime plugin relied on. Only older browsers would still be working with that plug-in and as time goes on this will continue to dwindle.

Unless you are actually talking about the Adobe standard "Average Time on Site" (and the like) metrics that are available out of the box? Since all of those are based on calculations between time stamps on pages, those should work the same for your Mobile Apps.

Now, if you are using some sort of custom solution for this, you may have to get your developers to try and replicate that logic in the app and pass the results to you.

Level 1

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan ,

Thanks for reminding the same, yes the page load time plugin was disabled earlier.
Will have to look for custom solution now and try on both the solutions for Web and Mobile SDK.

Please add in if you have this implemented anytime before without using the plugin.

Thanks

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, this is not something I have done either with the plugin or custom code. 

You might try using something like getTimeToComplete?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/plugins/gettimetocomplete 

Triggering the "start" a Library Loaded trigger, and the "stop" at Window Loaded? But if you are using something other than Window Loaded as your Page View trigger (something like DOM Ready), your page tracking will have already completed before this information can be sent....

The fundamental issue with trying to track page loads times like this on the client side is that you miss all the time spend making the server request, and loading the page up until this JS is ready...  On top of that, this may conflict with your current implementation timing....so it's never going to give you an exact load time....

Personally, I would argue that this solution wasn't worth the effort as the data would have inherent inaccuracies that can't be compensated for... 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor