Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Mobile Marketing Link Properties

Level 2

Hello,

I have scrubbed the docs for any kind of detail regarding the properties of Mobile Marketing links generated from the Mobile Marketing Link Builder but to no avail. Ideally I would like to understand its allocation and persistence settings. My suspicion is that this report is based off of a non-customizeable baked eVar that is set to "most recent" and "never expire" but I have not been able to confirm that yet. This information would be useful because it could explain some trailing visitors in our mobile marketing campaigns.

Thank you

James

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey James,

Thanks for the feedback on how we can improve our docs.  Hopefully we can make some improvements there to make this less confusing.

From a high level, you can think about the data collected from your marketing links in two categories: acquisition, and re-engagement (deeplinks).  If your link is for acquisition purposes, the data will be stored in an non-expiring eVar.  If your link is for re-engagement purposes, the data will be stored in a eVar that is only valid per visit.  In either case, the eVar uses "most recent" allocation strategy.

Hope this helps.

steve benedick

sr mobile software engineer

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/digital-marketing.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey James,

Thanks for the feedback on how we can improve our docs.  Hopefully we can make some improvements there to make this less confusing.

From a high level, you can think about the data collected from your marketing links in two categories: acquisition, and re-engagement (deeplinks).  If your link is for acquisition purposes, the data will be stored in an non-expiring eVar.  If your link is for re-engagement purposes, the data will be stored in a eVar that is only valid per visit.  In either case, the eVar uses "most recent" allocation strategy.

Hope this helps.

steve benedick

sr mobile software engineer

http://www.adobe.com/solutions/digital-marketing.html