Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe APi with python

Level 1

Hi,

I am running the following python code to get a list of Evars using the Adobe API but i receive an error:

{"error":"Bad Request","error_description":"No report suites defined.","error_uri":null}

payload={"X-WSSE: UsernameToken Username":"myusername", "PasswordDigest":"UhMNI+kV2N1llpgm7xPmtvMtu90", "Nonce":"a8c1005f41f646d196a6a8785061729b", "Created":"2017-11-01T09:39:30.071848Z"}

data= { "rsid_list":[

"myreportsuiteid"

]}
r = requests.post('https://api.omniture.com/admin/1.4/rest/?method=ReportSuite.GetEvars',headers=payload, data=data)

status= r.status_code

print(r.text)

How do you pass the rsid to the post request?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Make sure you are escaping your data variable correctly:

data = """{ \"rsid_list\":[

\"myreportsuiteid\"

]}"""

Also, you should take a look at this wrapper library: GitHub - dancingcactus/python-omniture: A high-level Python wrapper for the Adobe Omniture API.

This library should save you some effort, there are several good examples in that repo.

cathyw49544988,

The Analytics REST API reference is available at Developer Connection | Adobe Developer Connection

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 6

I have interest in using API with python. Do you know any good training video or document can jumpstart me?

Thanks

Level 1

not really but the requests library can get you started. Using the Requests Library in Python

Hope that helps

Level 6

I know in general how to use API with python, I am wondering do you know any document for Adobe API?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee

Make sure you are escaping your data variable correctly:

data = """{ \"rsid_list\":[

\"myreportsuiteid\"

]}"""

Also, you should take a look at this wrapper library: GitHub - dancingcactus/python-omniture: A high-level Python wrapper for the Adobe Omniture API.

This library should save you some effort, there are several good examples in that repo.

cathyw49544988,

The Analytics REST API reference is available at Developer Connection | Adobe Developer Connection