Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Missing Data in Parent Report Suite

Level 3

Hi, 

we are recording data in our Akamai Reporting UI, yet its not appearing in our Prod Report Suite. We have a report suite which is a clone of our parent. It has zero filters on it so it should bring in everything.  What's interesting is that our Akamai UI is telling us that we are getting URL edge hits for pages, but this is not appearing in the report suite. 

I'm at a loss as to the reasons.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since Adobe Launch is JavaScript based, if the bot doesn't execute JS, this is entirely possible... Or Some bots are programmed to exclude certain types of calls... but is the page in question something that would be hit exclusively by bots? It seems strange that 2 weeks ago traffic just stopped to that page.....

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Have you tried checking that the hits are successfully sending (200 response code in your network panel), and that they are sending to the correct suite? Using either your browser's network panel or the experience debugger, you should be able to see if the tracking calls are in fact triggering and which suite they are being sent to.

Give that this site is new (I'm guessing based on context) and that it is cloning another suite, is it possible this site was deployed pointing to the other suite, instead of it's own?

Level 3

Hello, thanks for your response.  No, this site and report suite has been running for a few years now.

i can't recreate this easily because we are looking at bot behaviour. We don't have any exclusion filters or bot rules in place, this cloned parent report suite is a version which is free of filters intentionally.

The reason we know traffic is hitting the site is because we compared against Akamai results. 

thanks though.

Community Advisor

When did traffic stop coming to your suite? Was there a recent deployment?

Again, the easiest way to verify your analytics is to check the tracking calls directly from your site using local tools....  

In the past, I have had deployments accidentally deploy code to prod that had our QA suite coded in, I've had sites deploy code changes that completely break tracking. At this point, without seeing your site, the issue could be anything; which is why I urge you to check using tools that are available to you to try and get some additional information that can help us help you.

Odds are the issue is not the filters (or lack of filters) in the suite... I suspect that either your site is sending information to the wrong suite, or it's not sending data at all....

Level 3

Hi, we have the following:

Parent Prod Report Suite

DEV/UAT Report Suite

Parent Prod Report Suite (No filters)

i've noticed that we had traffic going to both Prod Report Suites for this particular page. then it stops mid Oct.  However, in Akamai, we continued to get hits to this page.  What we can't understand is why these hits for this page aren't being passed along to the report suite. i'm asking the team who manage that console to see if they have done something to stop it.  Also, ive been advised that its entirely possible for a bot to trigger an Akamai call to the page, BUT block out send a request to Adobe server.  That could explain the delta.

Community Advisor

Great, let me know what you find. For the record, is it full data loss you are seeing? Or partial? As in you see some hits a the server level that don't make it to Analytics... or is it, you see hits on the server, but nothing is making it to analytics?

A partial loss could be explained by certain ad and privacy blockers (both built into browsers, and installed as extensions) that block analytics calls for some users.... 

Level 3

HI

After 15th of this month, for this particular url for example, we don't see any results in AA.  However, if i look at another url, i will see partial.

Thank you

Community Advisor

That is definitely strange. It's worth checking if there were any deployments that day (site code, server settings, even Adobe Launch changes) to see if you can track down potential root causes.

Good luck, and if you have any more details let us know so that we can try to help.

Level 3

Hey, i know there weren't any Launch changes i as manage that.  But i have given to the team to root cause.  If I do get a reasonable solution i will share. 

One of the devs i work with suggested that while a bot can ping our site, which records in our Akamai, the bot can somehow exclude the analytics domain and therefore not register in our report suite.  i didn't even know that was a thing.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Since Adobe Launch is JavaScript based, if the bot doesn't execute JS, this is entirely possible... Or Some bots are programmed to exclude certain types of calls... but is the page in question something that would be hit exclusively by bots? It seems strange that 2 weeks ago traffic just stopped to that page.....