Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Report Builder Not Refreshing

Level 2

Hi all. I'm having a recurrence of a problem I had in July, where none of my Adobe Report Builder requests are refreshing. I can view them fine but when I try to update then just get stuck on "Refreshing" for a long time (I've left it for an hour and nothing has happened). 

I've tested a brand new request on a brand new sheet and the same issue applies.

It worked fine up until about 9am yesterday but has not been working since.

Are there any known issues with it at the moment?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, I was thinking that wasn't the case.. let me reach out to some of my Adobe contacts and see if we can get you fixed up.

In the meantime, can you log out of the Report Builder plugin, restart Excel, then re-login, and make sure that it connects to your organization login (hopefully it prompts you). Just to make sure it's not a weird account thing?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

@nbanburyBMW  There are several reasons why the refresh of the report builder is taking a lot of time than expected. Report builder works on adobe analytics API and that has limitations

Report Builder supports workbooks up to the following limits:

• 1000 requests: A single workbook can contain up to 1000 data requests. If you have reports or projects that require more than 1000 requests, Adobe recommends separating them into multiple workbooks.
  • 20K requests per hour per company: Report Builder uses the Analytics reporting API to retrieve data. Each individual request uses an API call whenever it is created or refreshed. If your organization accumulates more that 20,000 API calls in a given hour, you must wait until the next hour to retrieve data again.

If this limitation is met, the refresh will slow down and eventually just continues without completing.

Here is the documentation on how to optimize and best practice to be followed in report builder

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/report-builder/troubleshoot.html?lang=en

Community Advisor

Did you make any changes to your report? If not, then it's unlikely that you hit those API limitations....

I am testing one of my existing reports right now to see if I have any issues... but so far it seems to be progressing just fine.... 

Is it possible that you are authenticated with the new "personal account" (since Adobe split our emails into personal and organization based)? I know that there is still some inner connection between accounts that might be causing some confusion... maybe in one respect, it thinks you have access, and in another it thinks you don't... and that confusion is causing a failure to pull data but not to error out with a "you don't have access issue"?

Level 2

Morning. Sorry for the slow reply. No changes made at all to anything to do with my account. The solution marked as "correct answer" isn't the answer as I am nowhere near those API limitations.

Is there anyone I can talk to who could maybe troubleshoot this?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Yeah, I was thinking that wasn't the case.. let me reach out to some of my Adobe contacts and see if we can get you fixed up.

In the meantime, can you log out of the Report Builder plugin, restart Excel, then re-login, and make sure that it connects to your organization login (hopefully it prompts you). Just to make sure it's not a weird account thing?

Community Advisor

One more thing for you to confirm... is anyone else in your organization having the same problem?

You may have to contact client care to do a deeper dive into your account to see if there is something wrong there.

Level 2

Morning. So as of Monday morning 31st Oct it started working again. I did nothing to my login although I am logged out of Report Builder whenever I close Excel so I was already logging in with the organisation logins. 

This is the second time this has happened and then just fixed itself. Any ideas what might be causing it? (It's NOT API calls!)

Community Advisor

Yay, I'm so glad it started working for you!

I'm not sure... I had the issue you mentioned from July, but not this one.. fingers crossed this was the last time.