Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Merchandising eVars and product string with multiple products

Level 4

Hi, I have a question about how to format the product string when there are multiple products, with multiple merch eVars.

I've read the Adobe documentation, but the example show is for just once basked item.

Normal product string:

s.products="fruit;orange;1;99,fruit;pear;2;180"

Say I have 3 merchandising eVars: eVar10, eVar11, eVar12 that I want to merchandise with all products in the cart. Do I need to include the eVars and their values for each basked item?

s.products="fruit;orange;1;99|eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob|fruit;pear;2;180,eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob"

Or can I get away with just including it once?

s.products="fruit;orange;1;99,fruit;pear;2;180|eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob"
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

You would need to repeat them for each product.  Note that your string had commas and semi colons wrong and you need to leave a space for incrementer events.  Here is what it should look like:

1. s.products="fruit;orange;1;99;;eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob,fruit;pear;2;180;;eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob"

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

You would need to repeat them for each product.  Note that your string had commas and semi colons wrong and you need to leave a space for incrementer events.  Here is what it should look like:

1. s.products="fruit;orange;1;99;;eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob,fruit;pear;2;180;;eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob"

Level 4

Thanks Adam. Product strings are so cryptic! 

Level 1

hey @jorisdebeer  yes you need to include each eVar and their values with each product item with proper product string syntax as below i mentioned, here events is not used but u need to add event place blank between product revenue and eVar.

s.products="fruit;orange;1;99;;eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob,fruit;pear;2;180;;eVar10=HeroBanner|eVar11=Autumn|eVar12=Bob"