Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Maximum options in a workspace dropdown

Level 1

I have recently noticed that the dropdown in a workspace only seems to be capable of handling 200 items.

If I wish to create a dropdown filter for countries I am therefore unable to do this as there are more than 200 defined.

Is there any way around this, or am I looking at making a feature request?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

There does appear to be a limit on the number of values that can be selected in Drop-down Filters in Panels. Given this limit, you can apply multiple such drop down filters in the panel for the same dimension item but different values. Lets say drop down 1 has 1st 200 dimension values, drop down 2 has next 200 dimension values n so on.

You can select the desired value from one of the drop down filters and keep other drop downs to "No filter".

Additionally, to submit a feature enhancement request post under "Ideas" section as follows:

Experience League > Adobe Analytics > Ideas > Share an Idea (screenshot below)

idea.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Saumya

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi,

There does appear to be a limit on the number of values that can be selected in Drop-down Filters in Panels. Given this limit, you can apply multiple such drop down filters in the panel for the same dimension item but different values. Lets say drop down 1 has 1st 200 dimension values, drop down 2 has next 200 dimension values n so on.

You can select the desired value from one of the drop down filters and keep other drop downs to "No filter".

Additionally, to submit a feature enhancement request post under "Ideas" section as follows:

Experience League > Adobe Analytics > Ideas > Share an Idea (screenshot below)

idea.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Saumya

Employee

Saumya's suggestion will work if you want to go that route.

From a product perspective, we are unlikely to add support for more than 200 items in a dropdown filter as scrolling through 200+ items in a drop list is not a great experience for most users.

Level 1
I understand what you say from a UX perspective. On the other hand, being able to setup a filter by country is a very useful way to segment data when creating an analytics dashboard