Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Marketing Channel Processing Rules

Level 2

Hi,

I have included two rules to define my paid search processing rules - one in which it will capture traffic coming from a tracking code beginning a certain set of character and another where referrer contains 'facebook.com'. When I pull a last touch report and break it down by referring domain, it is not included but instead in the referring domains marketing channel. How long after any changes will the data be reflected? Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear James,

It wont have any impact and it is the right way.

But you are unable to see referring domain in the Last Touch Channel Details but only the 'cid' parameter value.

If you want to see referring domain in the Last Touch Channel Details, you need to set the Channel Value to Referring Domain.

1443427_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear James,

It might be because of few reasons.

1. First, you should select Last Touch Channel as primary dimension and Last Touch Channel Details as secondary dimension. Kindly do not select Referring Domains as secondary dimension.

2. Make sure that you have selected the time period  and metric properly. It should be after the change.

3. Check whether Referring Domain Rule is below the Paid Rule in Marketing Channel Processing Rules. Like below:

1442526_pastedImage_0.png

4. Make sure that you are using "Any" rather than "All".

1442527_pastedImage_1.png

Thank You

Arun

Level 2

Hi Arun,

Thanks so much for the response. It was very helpful. My issue was assuming that the change would have been retroactive. Thank you for the clarification.

- James

Level 2

Just for confirmation, I have the marketing channel set up as below, which is positioned above 'Referring Domains'. Does the red highlighted area below have an impact on how it is categorized?

1442934_pastedImage_0.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear James,

It wont have any impact and it is the right way.

But you are unable to see referring domain in the Last Touch Channel Details but only the 'cid' parameter value.

If you want to see referring domain in the Last Touch Channel Details, you need to set the Channel Value to Referring Domain.

1443427_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

Level 2

if I change it to 'Referring Domain' what impact will it have to the rule where I've set 'query string cid starting with NYCPS'?

Will it then not include that information?

Community Advisor

Dear James,

Rather than Query String Parameter, Referring Domains will be captured.

i.e. Even if the come to the website from Facebook and from Google add with query string cid starting with NYCPS, 'Facebook' and 'Google' will be captured but not the Query String Parameter.

Thank You

Arun