Expand my Community achievements bar.

ListVar

Level 2

We have made use of list variable rule on launch and could see it on the server calls. But while checking on Adobe workspace I have created L3 as dimension with delimeter ',' and checked it on workspace but I see the data flowing separately, not sure why it is not taking the delimiter. Do I need to set anything else?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please elaborate more on the how you are 'seeing data flowing separately'?

Also note make sure that variable which is used in Launch same variable is enabled in Admin with appropriate delimiter. 

For e.g. if you have used L1 in launch then make sure you enabled the L1 variable via Admin console also check your delimiter.

For more details you can refer : https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/list.html?lang=en

Hope this will help.

Community Advisor

I believe what you're seeing is expected.  You can use listVars to parse out a list of separate items.  For example, let's assume you have checkboxes to filter products.  If the visitor clicks checkboxes for "instock", "new", "electronics", the value would be sent as "instock,new,electronics"

In workspace, each of those would be parsed separately, so you can see 1 instance of instock, 1 of new, and 1 of electronics.

Here's some additional documentation.