Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

List vars in Data warehouse reports

Level 2

Hi- this might be a fairly basic question for someone familiar with Data warehouse reports, but I'm new to it, any help would be appreciated!

I was trying to fetch data as follows-

The first dimension (say d1) was broken down by another dimension (say d2), further broken down by dimension d3 which is a list var.

I expected the report to look something like this-

d1           d2                 d3

A             X                  a,b

However, the report looked something like this-

d1           d2                d3

A             X                  a

A             X                  b

Is this an expected behaviour or am I missing something?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @prerna ,

This is an expected behavior. Each unique de-limited listvar value show up in a different row.
For example:

s.list1 = “value1|value2|value3”;
When we will look at the report in UI for listVar1 (de-limited by ‘|’) we will see different rows as “value1”, “value2” and "value3".
Furthermore, we also have the DW report preview section to know how the report format will look like-

HemanginiS_0-1624751417111.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @prerna ,

This is an expected behavior. Each unique de-limited listvar value show up in a different row.
For example:

s.list1 = “value1|value2|value3”;
When we will look at the report in UI for listVar1 (de-limited by ‘|’) we will see different rows as “value1”, “value2” and "value3".
Furthermore, we also have the DW report preview section to know how the report format will look like-

HemanginiS_0-1624751417111.png