Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Length of time between visits?

Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to understand the time that passes (on average) for users between visits.  For further clarification, the question I am trying to answer is "On average, how many days pass between a visitors first visit to the site and their 5th visit to the site?"  Basically trying to get an understanding of the timeline between the initial visit and the visit that is proving to be the peak of site engagement and conversion (visit #5) after analyzing the visit # report.  I haven't been able to find any reports or posts around this, so it may not be possible or the solution may be rather complicated.  

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Well what you are asking doesn't come OOTB so we have to write a custom solution.
although we have a plugin which gives us Days Since Last Visit Plug-in i.e. s.getDaysSinceLastVisit('s_lv');
Now idea is to calculate days between successive Visit and store in a variable for future use.

s.evarX = s.getVisitNum('m')+"|"+ s.getDaysSinceLastVisit('s_lv');

for 1st Visit this will be 1|0
visit after 7 days 2nd Visit : 2|7
visit after 13 days 3rd Visit : 3|20
you can get the value of any visit from this variable
alternatively you can utilize to get the difference
http://analyticsdemystified.com/adobe-analytics/date-stamp-variable-omniture/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Well what you are asking doesn't come OOTB so we have to write a custom solution.
although we have a plugin which gives us Days Since Last Visit Plug-in i.e. s.getDaysSinceLastVisit('s_lv');
Now idea is to calculate days between successive Visit and store in a variable for future use.

s.evarX = s.getVisitNum('m')+"|"+ s.getDaysSinceLastVisit('s_lv');

for 1st Visit this will be 1|0
visit after 7 days 2nd Visit : 2|7
visit after 13 days 3rd Visit : 3|20
you can get the value of any visit from this variable
alternatively you can utilize to get the difference
http://analyticsdemystified.com/adobe-analytics/date-stamp-variable-omniture/

Level 1

Thanks for the speedy and informative response.  It's good to know that there is a solution available, albeit one that I don't have the skill set to implement, but a fairly simple plug-in addition at least..  Thanks for providing the informative answer.