Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking Adjusted Bounce Rate

Level 1

Hello,

My question is that how we can track Adjusted Bounce Rate in Sitecatalyst.

I was searching on net to know how we can track ABR through Adobe Sitecatalyst. However, what I learnt is that through creating a segment which contains the following rules.

Include all visits where time spent on page is less than 20 seconds Exclude all visits where path length is greater than 1

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15806732/how-to-get-adjusted-bounce-rate-in-omniture-sitecatalyst...

I tried applying these rules through a segment in Sitecatalyst. However, I was still struggling with the output I was getting as it didnt seemed correct.

When we apply 1st condition (time spent on page is less than 20 secs), I dont get correct bounce rate. The bounce rate goes to 0%. Secondly, the page length condition...., page length isnt available in the report list at the time of creating segment.

Creating segment isnt helping me to get correct bounce rate I am looking for. However, I wonder if creating a custom event would help track ABR (Adjusted Bounce Rate) separately.

A custom event called as Adjusted Bounce (counter metric), which will fire only if anyone spends less than 20 secs on a page and if some one initiate a single page visit.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So the issue you're likely running into with the segment is that there are no custom links that are allowing you to determine the amount of time a user has spent on that page. To get time spent, Adobe Analytics requires a start time and end time, both having to come from separate image requests. This means that time spent on page for a true bounce is impossible, because we don't have the timestamp that they left.

The segment you mentioned will work if you send a link tracking call 20 seconds after they load the page. Although they would not be considered a bounce after that 20 seconds (two image calls means they're not a bounce by Adobe Analytics), by using the above segment they would be considered an adjusted bounce.

In short, send an s.tl() image request 20 seconds after loading the first page of a visit. Then, use the above segment to get adjusted bounce rate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

So the issue you're likely running into with the segment is that there are no custom links that are allowing you to determine the amount of time a user has spent on that page. To get time spent, Adobe Analytics requires a start time and end time, both having to come from separate image requests. This means that time spent on page for a true bounce is impossible, because we don't have the timestamp that they left.

The segment you mentioned will work if you send a link tracking call 20 seconds after they load the page. Although they would not be considered a bounce after that 20 seconds (two image calls means they're not a bounce by Adobe Analytics), by using the above segment they would be considered an adjusted bounce.

In short, send an s.tl() image request 20 seconds after loading the first page of a visit. Then, use the above segment to get adjusted bounce rate.