Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Issue with PDF attached in email - Scheduled report

Level 2

Hi!
I have created a scheduled report. This report is sent in pdf.
The issue is that the titles of some summary numbers are squeezed whereas it looks fine in the report itself and even when I download the PDF version from the project>download PDF.
The dimension tab is closed and the view density is compact in the report settings when i created the scheduled report.
I can't see how I can solve this.
Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Sophie_H I've been told the fix has been pushed.. please try again and see if your report looks correct

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Community Advisor

what operating system and browser are you using to create the PDF and setup schedule?

Level 2

I am using Google Chrome in my windows desktop.

Community Advisor

What language is your PC set to?

any way to make a screen grab of some of the weird areas?

Level 2

The squezzed version sent by email - pdf version

Sophie_H_0-1666787589685.png

This is the correct version: report and PDF downloaded directly from the report

Sophie_H_2-1666787657769.png

This is my language settings 

Sophie_H_3-1666787751220.png

Community Advisor

Can you try a different browser to send the email?

Community Advisor

ok no worries this is good as part of troubleshooting...

Know Im asking alot but, can you try from a different PC?

I suspect its your windows printer settings may have some sort of auto size command...

Be great to rule out any PC setting this way.

Level 2

ahah no worries i am already grateful for your help.

2 colleagues have just tried as well, and same results: squeezed titles

Community Advisor

You are using send file on schedule right?

The pcs you use are they using any VPN to access the scheduling reports? 

Level 2

yes i am using send file on schedule.

No VPN.

Community Advisor

The PDF isn't being generated locally though, it's being generated on the Adobe Servers, then mailed to users (changing settings locally isn't going to have any impact, neither is use of a different browser)... I believe the issue is due to the PDF needing to be rendered down to fit a standard A4 (letter) sized paper (at least the width, since we know the height doesn't constrain itself. 

I've found that if I want to sent reports via PDF, I need to be more cognizant of how many items I place side by side, and sometimes have to defer to reducing side by side and stack things more vertically.... 

However, maybe we should try and make a request for improved PDF rendering options?

Level 2

Everything looks OK while downloading in PDF from the report itself. So the issue comes from Adobe servers side then?

Community Advisor

@Sophie_H wrote:

Everything looks OK while downloading in PDF from the report itself. So the issue comes from Adobe servers side then?

Ouch... now that is interesting.... is this a new report or an existing one? I wonder if something changed recently on the server....

Community Advisor

what if you try from an incognito window?

Community Advisor

Ok, I think its worth comparing existing reports download vs schedule... fundamentally, there should be no difference (or at least that's the way it used to be).... 

Level 2

I can see that the report sending by email is in portrait while the download from the report itself is in landscape. Do you know how i can force the change ? 

Community Advisor

Check your file -> print menu

See if that is setup now in portrait then try and change it.

The browser is typically controlled by Print setting setup so try changing it then try resending the report.

Level 2

it is already in landscape while controlling the printing set up from the report

Community Advisor

No setting in workspace itself...

what happens if you change your printer setup to portait?