Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

is it possible to track ALL contextData when s.linkTrackVars?

Level 3

Is it possible to track ALL contextData that I am setting like a wild card (i.e. s.contextData.*)? I'm having to add it to a data element which tracks all variables and adding each individual contextData to track.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

use this code to achieve what you need

function addAllContextDataToLinkTrackVars() {
    s.linkTrackVars = resetContextDataFromLinkTrackVars()
    if (s.contextData) {
        let keys = Object.keys(s.contextData)
        keys.forEach(key => {
            s.linkTrackVars = s.linkTrackVars ? `${s.linkTrackVars},contextData.${key}` : `contextData.${key}`
        })
    }
}

function resetContextDataFromLinkTrackVars() {
    let arrayLinkTrackVars = s.linkTrackVars.split(',')
    if (arrayLinkTrackVars.length > 0) {
        arrayLinkTrackVars = arrayLinkTrackVars.filter(item => !item.includes('contextData.'))
    }
    return arrayLinkTrackVars.toString()
}

//then call 
addAllContextDataToLinkTrackVars()

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I assume you are talking about in Adobe Launch?

So you are setting your eVars and props in "Set Variables", but you are also setting context variables and those are not being included correct?

Community Advisor

I don't think Adobe allows for wildcards with context data, not even with Analytics' Processing Rules.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

use this code to achieve what you need

function addAllContextDataToLinkTrackVars() {
    s.linkTrackVars = resetContextDataFromLinkTrackVars()
    if (s.contextData) {
        let keys = Object.keys(s.contextData)
        keys.forEach(key => {
            s.linkTrackVars = s.linkTrackVars ? `${s.linkTrackVars},contextData.${key}` : `contextData.${key}`
        })
    }
}

function resetContextDataFromLinkTrackVars() {
    let arrayLinkTrackVars = s.linkTrackVars.split(',')
    if (arrayLinkTrackVars.length > 0) {
        arrayLinkTrackVars = arrayLinkTrackVars.filter(item => !item.includes('contextData.'))
    }
    return arrayLinkTrackVars.toString()
}

//then call 
addAllContextDataToLinkTrackVars()

Community Advisor

Yes, I just hope that when this code is called, s.linkTrackVars has already been populated with what has been defined in the Set Variables step... 

You need to make sure that s.linkTrackVars contains all the elements you want tracked... you don't want to overwrite with context vars (but this at least is grabbing the existing values then passing them back in), but you also need to make sure that this was already set, otherwise Adobe's set Variables may overwrite this and the context variables could be lost. 

I do however believe that adding this into the Custom Code of the Set Variables rule will be the correct location, and looping through each key in the context data makes this very dynamic.