Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Ingest Adobe Data into Snowflake

Level 3

What is the best way to load Adobe Analytics data or also Adobe Audience Manager data into Snowflake. On visitor level, or visit or hit level. Only selected data and it doesn't have to be like the entire clickstream data feed. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It actually depends on how you want to analyze the selected data. Hit based data makes sense when you are only looking for total instances vs visit/visitor based data makes sense when you look for visit/user-based calculations in place of the total hits. Ex. If I look for the total unit sold for an item than hit based data makes sense but if I look for units sold per visit/visitor than its a different story.

However, hit based clickstream data export (data feed - A defined set of parameters and values used to collect a set of data.) is the safest bet while if you need to calculate hits by visits/visitors than segment export (data warehouse) can help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

The visit and visitor level data means you are interested in the processed data. Use Data Warehouse in Adobe Analytics.

Audience Manager operates with a different type of data sets — profiles that are linked to traits and segments.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It actually depends on how you want to analyze the selected data. Hit based data makes sense when you are only looking for total instances vs visit/visitor based data makes sense when you look for visit/user-based calculations in place of the total hits. Ex. If I look for the total unit sold for an item than hit based data makes sense but if I look for units sold per visit/visitor than its a different story.

However, hit based clickstream data export (data feed - A defined set of parameters and values used to collect a set of data.) is the safest bet while if you need to calculate hits by visits/visitors than segment export (data warehouse) can help.