Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Huge discrepancy between DoubleClick & Omniture in terms of number of visitors, clicks, orders, revenue...

Level 1

Hi All,

I am a representative of a media agency and we have an important issue to fix it. We experience huge discrepancy between Omniture and Doubleclick and it covers revenue, orders, clicks everything.... the discrepancy can be more than 80% sometime so it is really huge. It is impossible to reach your support team that`s why i need to use this forum. Please try to contact me and advise what to do.

Thanks a lot.

Attila

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There could be a difference in allocation or expiration between what doubleclick and Adobe Analytics reports.

Go to the admin console under conversion variables and check the allocation and expiration. If it's set to last, there's a possibility another value is overwriting it. If it's set to first, there may be a value that is defined before the one you're looking for. If it's set to linear, it could be divided between other campaigns.

The important thing to understand is that the different products may (and probably do) track and attribute success events differently. Understanding this will help you determine where the root cause is in making them match a little more closely.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

There could be a difference in allocation or expiration between what doubleclick and Adobe Analytics reports.

Go to the admin console under conversion variables and check the allocation and expiration. If it's set to last, there's a possibility another value is overwriting it. If it's set to first, there may be a value that is defined before the one you're looking for. If it's set to linear, it could be divided between other campaigns.

The important thing to understand is that the different products may (and probably do) track and attribute success events differently. Understanding this will help you determine where the root cause is in making them match a little more closely.

Level 1
this is not an answer to the question for the discrepancy between the number of clicks reported vs the number of times an adv has been clicked (conversions can be tracked via tags in the URL)) any awnser?

Level 5

Hi

Please contact account manager or initiate ticket from UI.

Regards

Devinder

Level 3

Although contacting support is a good idea, I am hoping that people who have dealt with this before can offer some insights here in the forum.

We are finding that we are seeing only a third as many site visits as "clicks" reported by Bing Paid Search for example.  That difference seems extraordinary.

Perhaps there have been papers or previous answers to this?

Level 3

I'd recommend pulling an entry page report from paid search and show clicks and visits for each to identify if there's possibly a landing page that is not tagged.

Level 3

Good idea, but that checked out okay.

Still troubled by the 3x discrepancy.  The client's (and the advertising team's) trust level is not good these days.

Level 3

Also, one of our sites is double-tagged with both Google Analytics and SiteCatalyst tracking.  The campaign I'm working on now puts four tracking parameters in the landing page:  one that SiteCatalyst recognizes and three that Google Analytics recognizes.  Google Analytics shows 40% more visits for the campaign than SiteCatalyst does.  So weird.

Level 3

Hi there,

Were you able to get this issue resolved? We are experiencing a similar case where the ad agency who uses Google DCM is reporting highly inflated ad click throughs compared to our internal Adobe Analytic's tracking code instances or campaign view counts.

I see that "Gigazelle" recommended checking the allocation and expiration rules. But aren't they for visits and page views attributions to a tracking code and shouldn't the actual ad click through counts remain same irrespective of this? Please advise. Thanks in advance!