Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to triage loss in revenue data in Adobe?

Level 2

Hi Folks,

I need help triaging an issue am seeing on our client's checkout thankyou page. From the start of this month, we have noticed a significant drop in the Online Revenue, Orders and Units tracked to the site but Visits and UV remains the same.. Upon triaging, I noticed that there is also a drop in the checkout thankyou --pageviews and am trying to figure out what is going on.

There hasn't been a deployment push so that rules out a new version of build breaking existing analytics.

I tested out transaction on the site and I noticed that the checkout - thankyou page is taking a long time to load..My gut feeling is that because the transaction page is soo slow to make the call to the adobe server that when visitors navigate away from the page, the call never gets made to the adobe server and hence this doesn't get tracked. I could be wrong but I need help in triaging this further.

What else should I be looking at? what could be causing slow loading of the code.. need ideas please.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@keeTee - Specific to the thank you page taking a long time to load, were you able to identify exactly which file/resource was delaying the load? I've seen situations in the past where a specific asset (usually a third-party marketing beacon) fails to resolve, causing the entire page to have performance issues. If the analytics logic loads after the slow asset, or depends on a DOM ready event that may never happen, the analytics call(s) never fire.

The approach I would take is to track down what's responsible for the slowness. If you can find it, and it's not essential to the site, block it from loading (just use your browser's dev tools) and see what happens. If it fixes the problem, and you see you analytics calls firing, either get rid of the problem resource, or find whomever is responsible for getting it fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

@keeTee - Specific to the thank you page taking a long time to load, were you able to identify exactly which file/resource was delaying the load? I've seen situations in the past where a specific asset (usually a third-party marketing beacon) fails to resolve, causing the entire page to have performance issues. If the analytics logic loads after the slow asset, or depends on a DOM ready event that may never happen, the analytics call(s) never fire.

The approach I would take is to track down what's responsible for the slowness. If you can find it, and it's not essential to the site, block it from loading (just use your browser's dev tools) and see what happens. If it fixes the problem, and you see you analytics calls firing, either get rid of the problem resource, or find whomever is responsible for getting it fixed.

Level 2
@Brian_Johnson_, I was able to identify the rogue script that was failing to resolve. The 3rd party script was halting the tracking from loading until it fails. Thanks for you help.