Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

How to show the Summary Change with decimals?

Level 1

I want to show the units change with decimals. But seems the 'Abbreviate value' setting does not work.  Someone can help to resolve the problem. 

sarah_zhang_0-1693275260146.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah... I see the problem... with numbers that small, even without Abbreviate, it's not showing the decimals... 

But, if you use the new "Key Metric Summary (which you can't build from a table, but have to add the metrics/segments/etc directly), you can turn off the trend line, and it does show the raw difference in decimal places. You can't turn off the % though, so if you can live with this display, this may be a better option for now... (I would also log an idea to allow for decimal places without abbreviated display to be added to a normal summary change visualization for small numbers)

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1693320852049.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1693320869055.png

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1693320944093.png

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1693320961339.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

The abbreviate value appears to work for higher value numbers more along the lines like when you get to numbers above 1,000.  For instance:

jeff_bloomer_0-1693314791200.png

jeff_bloomer_2-1693314817427.png

I have not necessarily seen it used in cases to differentiate raw numbers that low before.  Percentages, yes, but not raw numbers.

Jeff Bloomer

Community Advisor

I agree with @jeff_bloomer, the "Abbreviate" feature is to convert large numbers like 168,556 or 1,774,346, etc down to an "abbreviated" format to make them 168.5K or 1.77M, etc.

With numbers that small, you don't need the abbreviate function.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Ah... I see the problem... with numbers that small, even without Abbreviate, it's not showing the decimals... 

But, if you use the new "Key Metric Summary (which you can't build from a table, but have to add the metrics/segments/etc directly), you can turn off the trend line, and it does show the raw difference in decimal places. You can't turn off the % though, so if you can live with this display, this may be a better option for now... (I would also log an idea to allow for decimal places without abbreviated display to be added to a normal summary change visualization for small numbers)

Jennifer_Dungan_0-1693320852049.png

Jennifer_Dungan_1-1693320869055.png

Jennifer_Dungan_3-1693320944093.png

Jennifer_Dungan_4-1693320961339.png

Community Advisor

I was thinking about that field, because I encountered the same issue.  Looks like this does provide a workaround as long as @sarah_zhang is willing to put up with the display of the percent difference as well.  

Jeff Bloomer

Level 5

Hi @sarah_zhang 

Summary Number visualization in Workspace shows the data upto 2 decimal places by default. With Summary Number Options: Abbreviate Value you can choose from 0 to 3 decimal places for abbreviated values.

Document reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/analyze/analysis-workspace/visualizations/summary-...

Pankaj_Sabharwal_0-1693321364011.png

Pankaj_Sabharwal_1-1693321364031.png

Pankaj_Sabharwal_2-1693321364168.png

Community Advisor

But they aren't trying to do a summary number.. they are trying to get a summary change between two time frames.... so even if Summary Number shows decimal points, it won't show the data they need to display, unfortunately.