Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

How to do sequential analysis on Adobe raw data

Level 2

We need to analyse a sequence of events that a user engages in. Use case: number of users who see a banner as the immediate next hit after landing on a page. Page view should be hit x and banner impression should be hit x+1. How can I get this information out on Data warehouse? For us time stamp is not working as multple banners can be shown in the same time stamp, we want to know the exact hit number.

Thanks in advance for any advise. Also, why do we not maintain hit depth as a Dimension in Adobe. Any reasons?

Edit: After trying an iteration with Data feed, realized that the tsv file generated for even a day is huge (close to 3.5 GB), plus the data too is very complicated to process. Much easier with Data warehouse. Hoever, sequential analysis wont be possible on DWH. That will probably be limited to workspace. Personally I do not see any cross platform analysis where hit id will be required. Will use timestamp instead(even though in seconds)

4 Replies

Community Advisor

To analyze a sequence of events in Adobe Analytics, you can use sequential segments. However, sequential segments are not available in Data Warehouse. To get this information from Data Warehouse, you can leverage raw data export or Data Feeds

Level 2

Thanks @Hemang35  , For the time being I am trying to use the Data feed option. Let me see how that works out

Community Advisor

Unfortunately, as @Hemang35 pointed out, sequential segments aren't compatible with Data Warehouse... 

Hit Depth is a dimension in Adobe, but again, it doesn't appear to be available in the Warehouse...

Have you considered trying to get the information out via the API?

(There is a also raw data feeds, but there is a significant overhead to learning how to process this information which may make this solution out of reach at this time... but it would provide the most flexibility to pull the data)

Level 2

Thanks @Jennifer_Dungan , API seems to be an interesting approach let me try that. For the time being I am trying to use the Data feed option.