Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How to display on weekdays of data into Table and Visualization

Level 3

I am working on login event and login error table, most of the traffic is on weekdays. I would like to hide/remove the weekend data from my table and the visualization. How do i achieve that? I created one segment pqr using the dimension xyz where xyz=monday or tuesday or etc... However breakdown of pqr followed by dates still display the weekend data(though count is zero) after using pqr breakdown.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Another option would be to use a custom Time Parting variable (you may already have a prop or eVar set aside for this) and then classify Weekday/Weekend. We had a similar idea presented at our Analytics Idol breakout session at Summit where in addition to Weekend, the presenter also classified days that weren't business days (like holidays). Check out the second idea described by Rob Adams here: Analytics Idol 2017 In Review | Adobe

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 3

How do i attach image file to the question ?

Level 5

Hi Pradeep,

Drag 'Day' from dimension (select only weekday's from day dimension) and add the metrics you want to show. (see the below screenshot). Hope It helps.

weekday.png

Level 3

1) How did u add image to your comment? I was not able to do so.

2) Sorry I forgot to tell you, Days are the breakdown rows in my table, it would be a month data so i wont be able to drag 20 weekdays into column. Can we create any segment or something by which only weekdays are displayed into rows during the breakdown ?

Level 10

Hi Pradeep,

In the reply editor you will see an 'Insert image' option on the top. Click on that and you will be able to add the image in your comment.

1246466_pastedImage_0.png

Level 5

Hi Pradeep,

You can add segment to exclude weekend days for that Month (See the screenshot) and it shows only weekdays total for that Month.

Exclude-Weekends.png

Level 3

I did try this approach, but the problem of having 0 count in the table is that, it would display the drop in the trend report on weekend. It may deviate the focus/purpose of the visualization. I wanted visualization to only display weekdays of data trend, as we already know that traffic is very less on weekend.

Level 5

Hi Pradeep,

Ok, If you want to show only weekdays with out any weekend (in rows as empty) then I guess you need to drag weekdays 'Day' to rows from that Month (OR) Create segment to add only weekdays as 'Day' from that Month.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Another option would be to use a custom Time Parting variable (you may already have a prop or eVar set aside for this) and then classify Weekday/Weekend. We had a similar idea presented at our Analytics Idol breakout session at Summit where in addition to Weekend, the presenter also classified days that weren't business days (like holidays). Check out the second idea described by Rob Adams here: Analytics Idol 2017 In Review | Adobe

Hope that helps!

Level 1

Hi @EricMatisoff the link you posted here doesn't work anymore - I'm interested in seeing if this is something I can do for my client. I'd like to be able to have a visualization that omits weekends all together - so you don't see the drop off for my client who is a bank for business accounts and therefore having 0 traffic on weekends ruins the visual representation of their peaks and valleys of traffic.