Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

how to create segment for bounce rate exclude specific page types?

Level 8
Level 8

Dear Experts, 

Could you please share your idea about titled question? The purpose is to evaluate Search landing experience.

For example, there are following page types:

Home page, FAQ, Product, Checkout, Video

if we want to get bounce rate for all other page types but not "FAQ", how to create the segment?

(coz we consider FAQ is self-sufficient content page, user may read and left, so we want to exclude all FAQ pages from Bounce%)

Here are 2 ideas come up to my mind:

1. Create All Visit segment, Create another Hit segment limits the "page type (prop2) is FAQ", then use following fomular:

Bounce[in ALL Visit] - (minus) Bounce[in FAQ] / Entries[in ALL Visit] - (minus) Entries[in FAQ]

H_L_0-1603249813572.png

2. Create Visit level segment Exclude "Entry Page Type = FAQ".

H_L_1-1603250892473.png

But I see significant difference between these 2 method, in method 1, the bounce% is about 32% while it is around 28% in method.

Update: please see my comments and replies, I validated and seems method 1 and 2 neither correct...

Now my only idea is to export ALL page types with Bounce and Entries, then manually calculate , sum up the bounces / sum up the entries by filtering page types does not contain FAQ. 

But that will be a disaster when we want a daily trend chart.....

May I have your professional idea or suggest a better way to calculate the bounce% Exclude specific page type?

(We cannot create segment "Include" specific page types as in the real case, there are about 100 page types.)

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8
Level 8

@aaronj39712229, I just tried to drill down the segment in method 2, I use a reverse way to validate: create segment "entry page type = FAQ", but I still can see other page types get "entries". So i think "Exclude Entry Page Type is FAQ" is not accurate as well.

H_L_0-1603252706692.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 8
Level 8

I just think the method 1 is not accurate, coz if I set [page type = FAQ], in the segment, will also include other pages entered and then visited "FAQ" pages in the visiting journey... as a result, the "Entries" in the segment is more than actual

Level 4
Yes your second idea is the better way to achieve this as you only want to exclude Visits whose Entry page was the FAQ page type

Correct answer by
Level 8
Level 8

@aaronj39712229, I just tried to drill down the segment in method 2, I use a reverse way to validate: create segment "entry page type = FAQ", but I still can see other page types get "entries". So i think "Exclude Entry Page Type is FAQ" is not accurate as well.

H_L_0-1603252706692.png

Level 4
Ok that looks a bit strange, the other approach could be to exclude visits where the Entry Page (not page type) is a specific set of values

Level 8
Level 8

@aaronj39712229, sorry I can only reply you by this "answer" since the design of new layout of this community, "comments" will not allow a paste of image.

I tried to Exclude "Entry Page" (not entry page type) for all FAQ pages, then breakdown by Page Name, I can still see "FAQ" pages listed with Entries.

For example, if I see Page Name contains FAQ listed and without Entries will be reasonable, but the result is we see "entries" for that page as well.

More weird, when I breakdown the Page Name by Entry Page, I cannot find any "FAQ Page" in Entry Page under the FAQ page.

AA.png

So, I am not sure if the segment is correct or not and how to read the data.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

H

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?