Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to check for activity on a piece of code behind a form

Level 1

Hello, I am trying to see if Adobe identifies a piece of code we are running behind a cart/form. Basically I would like to pull a report for a webpage on which we have this cart/form and see if there is any action registered to this piece of code 'step_name'. We just want to see if Adobe is pulling data right, whether it's views or clicks of the code I mentioned.

Is this something Adobe can do, and if so, how can I do that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Gabriela

To understand a custom code firing you basically I think in this case you need to create a custom event to fire each time the  code fires as you expect.

You mentioned a view of the code or click of the code... 2 options here

Option1 :

Create 2 events one for the view, then one for the event. You dev would need to fire s.event=(your event number) depending on your page code as bart of analytics beacon or post pageload as an extra beacon.

Option 2: evar

So set an new evar for "View of code X", then when user clicks set a new state of evar for "Click of Code X". Evar this way could allow for several steps if desired in sequence...

Then you could do a report of evar to show instances of evar:

View of code X     1000

Click of Code X    500

These 2 option may increase beacons sent to adobe so your server call volumes increase so if its a big volume item cost is a variable to consider. Hope this give you some ideas.

good luck

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Gabriela,

The implementation on your website may be unique. To understand what is already captured in AA (what data is available) you need to open the page and review what data is sent on its load and on interactions with its content. If this does not look clear, consider addressing this to your analytics developers.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Gabriela

To understand a custom code firing you basically I think in this case you need to create a custom event to fire each time the  code fires as you expect.

You mentioned a view of the code or click of the code... 2 options here

Option1 :

Create 2 events one for the view, then one for the event. You dev would need to fire s.event=(your event number) depending on your page code as bart of analytics beacon or post pageload as an extra beacon.

Option 2: evar

So set an new evar for "View of code X", then when user clicks set a new state of evar for "Click of Code X". Evar this way could allow for several steps if desired in sequence...

Then you could do a report of evar to show instances of evar:

View of code X     1000

Click of Code X    500

These 2 option may increase beacons sent to adobe so your server call volumes increase so if its a big volume item cost is a variable to consider. Hope this give you some ideas.

good luck