Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
SOLVED

How to change or add a segment in Report Builer

Level 3

Is there any tutorial on how to add/change a segment in Report Builder?  I currently have a Report Builder Report without a segment.  Want to find an easy way to apply a new segment to multiple reports.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Robert,

I would reach out to Adobe Customer Care with the specifics to resolve as I have not run into that issue. The Add segment button in ReportBuilder simply opens the builder window within the R&A interface.

However if you have already created the needed segments in R&A prior then they will show up as available to apply in ReportBuilder. See 'Search for and apply segments' within the noted help link for more info.

Search for and apply segments

Any segments that were created in marketing reports & analytics, ad hoc analysis, report builder, or data warehouse appear in this segment list. To refresh the list, click the Refresh icon ().

You can apply one or multiple segments to any given request. This includes sequential segments.
  1. Go to the Segment drop-down list and click the small down arrow in the Choose Segment box to display all the segments.

2. Check which segment(s) you want to apply.
Note: Whether you are an Admin or a non-Admin, in report builder you can see only those segments that you own and those that have been shared with you. (In the marketing reports & analytics user interface, the Admin can see all segments in the organization.)

Best,

Brian

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi,

Important to make sure you are on the latest version of RB so you have access to the feature. Then in RB you can follow the instructions below:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/arb/segmentation.html

Best,

Brian

Level 3

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the quick response.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to add the segments using the latest version of Report Builder.  After clicking on "add", it tries to open an Internet Explorer browser which becomes an error page.  Please advise.

-Robert

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Robert,

I would reach out to Adobe Customer Care with the specifics to resolve as I have not run into that issue. The Add segment button in ReportBuilder simply opens the builder window within the R&A interface.

However if you have already created the needed segments in R&A prior then they will show up as available to apply in ReportBuilder. See 'Search for and apply segments' within the noted help link for more info.

Search for and apply segments

Any segments that were created in marketing reports & analytics, ad hoc analysis, report builder, or data warehouse appear in this segment list. To refresh the list, click the Refresh icon ().

You can apply one or multiple segments to any given request. This includes sequential segments.
  1. Go to the Segment drop-down list and click the small down arrow in the Choose Segment box to display all the segments.

2. Check which segment(s) you want to apply.
Note: Whether you are an Admin or a non-Admin, in report builder you can see only those segments that you own and those that have been shared with you. (In the marketing reports & analytics user interface, the Admin can see all segments in the organization.)

Best,

Brian

Level 3

Thanks Brian.  It worked after I clicked on the the refresh icon.