Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

How do I Install Third Party Extensions for Launch?

Level 2

Context: The website I am managing has third party pixel tracking codes from:

1. Bing

2. Eloqua

3. Facebook - "Pixel ID"

4. Google

5. LinkedIn

6. Twitter - "Twitter website tag ID"

I want to install the respective extensions for each of these third parties. 

When I try to install, it asks me for "Pixel ID" for facebook and "Twitter website tag ID" for twitter and other IDs for each of the third parties. 

1) Are these IDs the same as the pixel codes we have implemented? If not, how can I find these IDs needed to install the extensions?

2) Do I have to publish a library to PROD for these extensions to be tested? I have the Bing extension in a library in staging but when I try to make a rule, the extension is not available in the dropdown. 

any help would appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @YKK360

These extensions are available in the extensions catalogue. You can install it from there.

Here’s the link to the Adobe documentation about extensions https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/destinations/catalog/advertising/faceboo...

1. The third party IDs i.e Facebook Pixel, Twitter, LinkedIn etc can be found in your respective accounts associated with them.

For example: Your Facebook pixel ID is in the Ads Manager. Make your way to the navigation menu, and click on “Pixels” (under “Measure and Report”).

You can follow this link to get other extension IDs https://support.shareaholic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000428363-How-do-I-find-my-Twitter-Pixel-ID-

2. To make sure the extensions are available, you’ve to navigate to ‘publishing flow’ and click on build. If you have built library in staging, the extension will be available in staging only and vice-versa

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @YKK360 

To install an extension - search the require extension in extension catalogue. Once you install that extension you need to add the "Pixel ID" or "Tracking ID" for Facebook and same with other extension. 

Find the answer specific to your questions: 

1) Are these IDs the same as the pixel codes we have implemented? If not, how can I find these IDs needed to install the extensions?

Answer: You don't need to install any pixel code rather you just need to add the ID. 

For example - in your current Facebook pixel code you can find ID at below line. 

fbq('init', '{your-pixel-id-goes-here}');

Same way you can find ID for others too. 

Once you install the extension then create the the rule, use the extension in action part and save both rule and installed extension in your development library. Once you tested and verified your development library correctly then submit and build on staging , test again and follow the process till prod deployment. 

2) Do I have to publish a library to PROD for these extensions to be tested? I have the Bing extension in a library in staging but when I try to make a rule, the extension is not available in the dropdown. 

Answer:  To test any extension you can do in development environment. 

Hope this helps. 

Community Advisor

Following this thread, since I have same query! Thank you!

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hey @YKK360

These extensions are available in the extensions catalogue. You can install it from there.

Here’s the link to the Adobe documentation about extensions https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/destinations/catalog/advertising/faceboo...

1. The third party IDs i.e Facebook Pixel, Twitter, LinkedIn etc can be found in your respective accounts associated with them.

For example: Your Facebook pixel ID is in the Ads Manager. Make your way to the navigation menu, and click on “Pixels” (under “Measure and Report”).

You can follow this link to get other extension IDs https://support.shareaholic.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000428363-How-do-I-find-my-Twitter-Pixel-ID-

2. To make sure the extensions are available, you’ve to navigate to ‘publishing flow’ and click on build. If you have built library in staging, the extension will be available in staging only and vice-versa

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks