Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I track the number of UV/PV from Instagram shopping page?

Level 1

Wondering if there's a way to track the number of traffic directed from Instagram shopping function/shopping page in particular? Saw a similar metric "social|igshopping" under First Touch Channel details as well as Last Touch Channel details but not sure if that's the right one to use. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think what you're seeing, "social|igshopping", is coming from your Tracking Code, which refers to the campaign tracking code appended to your landing page URLs.

Tracking codes is actually the preferred way to identify Instagram traffic, because your users would normally be in the Instagram app, then click to your website in a browser. Without campaign tracking codes, AA would only be able to identify them as "Typed / Bookmarked" referrers, which would then fall under your "Direct" marketing channel.

So to solve your problem, you should use campaign tracking codes that have been setup specifically for Instagram shopping. Based on that "social|igshopping", it could be that this has been done already. You'll need to verify this by yourself with whoever is preparing the landing page URLs to use in Instagram.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think what you're seeing, "social|igshopping", is coming from your Tracking Code, which refers to the campaign tracking code appended to your landing page URLs.

Tracking codes is actually the preferred way to identify Instagram traffic, because your users would normally be in the Instagram app, then click to your website in a browser. Without campaign tracking codes, AA would only be able to identify them as "Typed / Bookmarked" referrers, which would then fall under your "Direct" marketing channel.

So to solve your problem, you should use campaign tracking codes that have been setup specifically for Instagram shopping. Based on that "social|igshopping", it could be that this has been done already. You'll need to verify this by yourself with whoever is preparing the landing page URLs to use in Instagram.