Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

How can I dynamically Count Number of Days Selected in Calender

Level 2

Hi,

In a business case, I am calculating a metric and in that, I need to divide a dimension by "Number of Days an analytics user selected in the calendar" while fetching a report. Please note it is very different from Function (Approximate Distinct Count(Dimension (Days)).

Any suggestion to achieve this?

Regards

Lalit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Ok - this makes sense and wow this takes me back to when I first started using analytics and seeing products disappear from reports if there are no product views.

I have however got it working:

1823458_pastedImage_0.png

And on my results:

1823474_pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 8

Hi Lalit,

Can you explain what you are trying to do as my go to answer is what you are saying not to use. :-)

Thanks

Dave

1822676_pastedImage_0.png

Community Advisor

I would go with the "approx count distinct" but wonder why you can't take it? in similar cases that's my prefered (only?) solution...

Level 2

Hi ursboller​, Earlier I thought to use the formula for “approximate distinct count” and get the number of days that I had in my timeframe but when I use it against Product dimension, it completely shatters meaning of "approx". Please check below screen. That is why it is not at all reliable. Day.png

Also please check below thread: How to Group SKUs based on Number of Orders and to make requirement dynamic, I need day count in the time frame to be right.

davidj85759080​, It is for the same thread, we were discussing. Because of your advice, I used a static number in the denominator(30)  and that is giving correct bucketing :-) Thanks, but still, I am greedy to make denominator dynamic. :-P

Thanks for the time davidj85759080​ & ursboller

Correct answer by
Level 8

Ok - this makes sense and wow this takes me back to when I first started using analytics and seeing products disappear from reports if there are no product views.

I have however got it working:

1823458_pastedImage_0.png

And on my results:

1823474_pastedImage_1.png

Level 8

I added the segment "All Visits" as more of a background check.

This said - if you have no visitors to your website on a given day, the logic will not work.

Community Advisor

sorry to disappoint you... as soon as you have a time range with at least one day where no product has been viewed, the metric doesn't work anymore. no matter if you include the "all visits segment" or not does not change the result...

so using the proposed segment might work, just be aware that there are situations where it might fool you ...

Level 2

Thanks, Will keep this in mind!