Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Google Data Layer extension

Level 2

I am using the Google Data Layer extension. Using the extension in the data layer I can (via Google DL property key) read variables from the Google dataLayer. But what if I wanted to trigger a launch rule at the custom event in the data layer? So as a Direct Call where the custom event in the google dataLayer is the Identifier

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There seems to be a new extension specifically for use with the Google Data Layer: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/google-data-layer/...

This article says it's in Beta, but the extension itself seems to be a higher version number than listed, and doesn't indicate Beta... perhaps this is worth investigating?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

There seems to be a new extension specifically for use with the Google Data Layer: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/adobe/google-data-layer/...

This article says it's in Beta, but the extension itself seems to be a higher version number than listed, and doesn't indicate Beta... perhaps this is worth investigating?

Level 2

Sorry I got the title wrong, I'm using the Google Data Layer extension you mentioned, but I don't understand how to trigger the rules using Google's custom event.

Community Advisor

Oooh, no worries

Just to make sure we are on the same page, are you trying to "detect" the Google Data Layer changes (in order to trigger Launch Rules)? Or are you trying to "push" events to the Google Data Layer for GTM to read?

Level 2

Thanks Jennifer, I'm trying to "detect" Google Data Layer changes (to trigger launch rules). When I was writing the reply to you I spotted the solution, just reuse the Google DL Push event with the Specific event option

Community Advisor

Oh, excellent!

I'm glad you solved your problem, but if you need any additional help, don't hesitate to reach out!