Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Form Abandonment

Level 3

I am trying to answer a few questions for a form that has 5 steps. I need to be able to capture:

• How long a user took to complete each step
  • How far they went on the form (ie completed 20% ( through step 1), completed 40% (through step 2) and so on)
  • What errors they receive once they hit the proceed button (ie. first name was blank, so they have to fill that in) 
  • How many times each error is made

My developer wrote the following but is not familiar with Adobe Analytics:

window.formLayer = { Progress: [

{

'element':[HTML ELEMENT HERE],

'percentComplete': '100%',

'progressFailureCount': 10,

'stepsData':[

{

'timeSpent': 5.2,

'timesVisited':2,

'progressFailureCount': 10,

'elementNamesFailed':[

{

'name':'price'

'progressFailureCount':3

},

{

'name':'datePurchased'

'progressFailureCount':7

},…

]

},

{

'timeSpent': 1.3,

'timesVisited':1,

'elementNamesFailed':[]

}

]

}

]

}

I am going to trigger a rule each time a user presses the "Next" or "Previous" button on the form to assign evars and props, but I think I'm going to get incorrect values.

Has anyone done this kind of reporting before? Help is much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

I think these two previous threads on Form Abandonment may provide some direction to you. If not, feel free to let me know :)

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/analytics-forum/adobe-analytics.topic.html/forum...

http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/analytics-forum/adobe-analytics.topic.html/forum...

Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 3

Thanks! I'm confused as to what it means to assign something to "contextdata"? We don't do any coding on the site except for the DTM tags. Everything is just through DTM and assigning variables through SiteCatalyst/Adobe Analytics.

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi,

Context data are the variables which you could define using processing rules. It saves you the task of making code updates - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/context_data_variables.html

Thanks!

Level 1

In case it's useful for anyone seeking a similar implementation (esp. since the Form Analysis plugin is no longer supported): you can still track all your Adobe Experience Manager forms at once using Insiteful.co's form abandonment plugin, no coding required (just copy & paste). Hope this helps!