Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Forgot to add "cid=" infront of trancking code, can the systerm still track the conversion data?

Level 1

Hi  there

Usually, the correct tracking code is "?cid=ps_cn_baidu_cpc_B_AUTO_Radar_Phrase_bd20170627006" in my account. But I forgot to add  "cid=" this time, can the systerm still track the conversion data?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

If there is a custom dimensions the page URL is stored in, then you can create a segment filtering the URLs that contain "ps_cn_baidu_cpc_B_AUTO_Radar_Phrase_bd20170627006". This will allow to restore the data from the traffic sources that were not correctly tagged.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 8

it will not track, the system uses query string to read the data, in this case there is no "cid" in the URL

s.campaign = s.Util.getQueryParam(“cid”);

Correct answer by
Level 10

If there is a custom dimensions the page URL is stored in, then you can create a segment filtering the URLs that contain "ps_cn_baidu_cpc_B_AUTO_Radar_Phrase_bd20170627006". This will allow to restore the data from the traffic sources that were not correctly tagged.