Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Flow chart/Previous Page report - Visits or Pageviews ?

Level 2

Hi,   Are the metrics shown on the flow chart or Previous Page report Visits or Pageviews?

I'm trying to get the number of clicks on a Button on Page A; Clicking on this button will take users to Page B.   I was trying to use previous page report for Page B to see the traffic coming from Page A. However, I'm not sure if the previous page report showed the actual number of clicks (page views ) from Page A to Page B or it just showed the number of Visits from Page A to Page B?  One visit could include multiple clicks (page views)... Same question for the flow chart. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Helen,

If you are using Flow Chart report in Work Space, the numbers will give you Page Views without repeating instances by default.

If you include Repeat Instances, it is actually Page Views and it should match your Page Views numbers of the Page.

So how to Include/Exclude Repeat Instances? Below the screen grab.

1773975_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Helen,

If you are using Flow Chart report in Work Space, the numbers will give you Page Views without repeating instances by default.

If you include Repeat Instances, it is actually Page Views and it should match your Page Views numbers of the Page.

So how to Include/Exclude Repeat Instances? Below the screen grab.

1773975_pastedImage_0.png

Thank You!

Arun

Level 10

Hi helenf51726996,

If you are looking for "number of clicks", the flow chart is not the most accurate option as it indicates the sequence of page views (as shown above) rather than clicks. This is especially critical if you have more than one links referring from page A to page B. The flow diagram will show you total click-throughs, not the number of clicks on a certain element on the page A.