Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

First Visit and Less then one day Visit

Level 5

Hi,

I want to understand the difference between First Visit and Less then one day Visit in Days Since Last Visit Report?

Thanks,
Vijay

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vijay,

First Visit: well this is the first time a user is visiting the website

Days Since Last Visit: Determines the number of days since a user last visited your site, and captures this information in a Analytics variable.

This return frequency data can be used to answer the following questions:

How frequently do users revisit my site?
How does return frequency correlate with conversion? Do repeat buyers visit frequently or infrequently?
Do users who click through my campaigns then return frequently?
The plug-in can also generate values used for segmentation. For example, you can create a segment to view all of the data for only those visits that were preceded by 30 or more days of non-visitation by the user. So now we will be able to understand the final question

Less then one day Visit in Days Since Last Visit Report: This means the user who visited in last one day to your site.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Vijay,

First Visit: well this is the first time a user is visiting the website

Days Since Last Visit: Determines the number of days since a user last visited your site, and captures this information in a Analytics variable.

This return frequency data can be used to answer the following questions:

How frequently do users revisit my site?
How does return frequency correlate with conversion? Do repeat buyers visit frequently or infrequently?
Do users who click through my campaigns then return frequently?
The plug-in can also generate values used for segmentation. For example, you can create a segment to view all of the data for only those visits that were preceded by 30 or more days of non-visitation by the user. So now we will be able to understand the final question

Less then one day Visit in Days Since Last Visit Report: This means the user who visited in last one day to your site.

Regards,

Amit

Level 2

Hi Amit,

We're looking at a similar measure and trying to record the 'number of first date visits' to the website only, eg, if someone visited on 01/05/17, then again on 03/05/17, then again on 10/05/17, we ONLY want to record the first visit on 01/05/17. Is there a way we can do this?

thanks,

Jon

Level 5

Hi Jon,

You could setup a event, and activate event serialization. Then set the event on each visit (using a processing rule for example) and then over time, you will get a unique cookie count....

you will have to create event serialization based on Marketing Cloud ID (unique ID, described here: https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/sc/implement/event_serialization_impl.html)

Another way of getting that in Workspace, would be just look at the unique visitor TOTAL for a period of time - or do I misunderstands your question?

/Løjmann