Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

First Occurrence of a Page/Site Section value in a visit

Level 1

Hello,

I want to create a hit level segment that gives me the first occurrence of "Site Section" = "xyz" within each visit.

i.e within each visit, many hits can have site section equal to "xyz", but i only want the first hit that had site section = "xyz".

In general, a hit level segment that isolates the first occurrence of particular value for a traffic dimension (prop) in a visit.

Use case: Using this hit level segment, i could breakdown and look at other dimensions (props) values.

It would be great if someone could share a possible solution.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sai,

You need to use 'Hit Depth'. Check out Hit Depth!

Something like below will help to solve the query.

1720655_pastedImage_1.png

Thank You!

Arun

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Sai,

You need to use 'Hit Depth'. Check out Hit Depth!

Something like below will help to solve the query.

1720655_pastedImage_1.png

Thank You!

Arun

Level 1

Hello Arun,

Thank you for you response.

I think your solution gives the hits where site section = BusinessPortal, only when the hit is the first hit in the visit (hit depth=1).

Here's what i am looking for, Consider this sample visit with hits in the order -

1: pageview with site section 'A'

2: pageview with site section 'B'

3: pageview with site section 'C'

4: custom link 'X'

5. pageview with site section 'D'

6. pageview with site section 'C'

7. custom link 'Y'

End of visit

Form this visit, i want the hit which had the first occurrence for site section 'C'. So in this case, that would be hit#3..

Is there a way i can create a hit level segment that gives me only such hits..  (first occurrence of a particular traffic dimension value)

this is what i meant from my question: "i.e within each visit, many hits can have site section equal to "xyz", but i only want the first hit that had site section = "xyz"."

Thank you!