Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Find page view in a visit between 2 specific pages

Level 1

Hi All,

In my website there is an transaction function which involve 3 steps:

A -> B -> C, which A is the page for starting the transaction and C is the page for finishing the transaction.

Within an visit, client can make multiple transaction e.g. more than 5

May I know how can I find pages visited between 2 transactions, within a user visit? Such as

A->B->C->(A->A->E->B)->A->B->C->(B->B->D->D)-> A->B->C

My goal is to find all the pages in bracket above.

Many thanks for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sequential segments + Flow visualisation might help.

If A, B and C must happen in consecutive pageviews, then you can setup a sequential segment where

Page equals A

Then after 1 Page view

Page equals B

Then after 1 Page view

Page equals C

Then use a Flow visualisation with 2 steps:

Step 1: the above segment.

Step 2: the above segment

(Yes, use the same segment in both steps.)

Then in the Flow visualisation, right-click the second step's bar and choose "Create segment from touchpoint". Save that new segment.

Now you can use that new segment in your report. E.g. with a Freeform table, add that new segment to the table, then add the Page dimension and a suitable metric (e.g. Page Views). The report should then show you the pages that were in between sequences of A>B>C.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Since you have visit(session) based element turned on for all transaction those that are multiple as well will always group in an unwanted manner to your description.

Are you capturing a transaction ID at time of each purchase?(I assume there is a new one even for insession multiple purchase, If yes then you could make transaction ID be session based, reset it for each new transaction. 

Then each transaction would do this:

A->B->C1->(A->A->E->B)->A->B-> C2->(B->B->D->D)-> A->B->  C3

C1 pages visited all the way to C2(all relate to transaction1)

C2 pages visited all the way to C3(all relate to transaction2) not exactly what you want but I think as cloase as you will get as pages A and B are common before and after purchase.

GLTU

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Sequential segments + Flow visualisation might help.

If A, B and C must happen in consecutive pageviews, then you can setup a sequential segment where

Page equals A

Then after 1 Page view

Page equals B

Then after 1 Page view

Page equals C

Then use a Flow visualisation with 2 steps:

Step 1: the above segment.

Step 2: the above segment

(Yes, use the same segment in both steps.)

Then in the Flow visualisation, right-click the second step's bar and choose "Create segment from touchpoint". Save that new segment.

Now you can use that new segment in your report. E.g. with a Freeform table, add that new segment to the table, then add the Page dimension and a suitable metric (e.g. Page Views). The report should then show you the pages that were in between sequences of A>B>C.

Level 1

Hi Yuhuisg,

Thanks for your reply and I think your solution is interesting!

So I guess you mean fallout visualisation?

I tried the above solution but it seems the segment created will be like:

* Scope of the outermost container: Visit

* The sequence will be "segment" then "segment"

From the segment definition, it seems it will include the visit and also all the hits matching the above visit sequence, which effectively all the hit in a visit.

In such case, than it is including all the pages before and above the conversion...

Community Advisor

Fallout! Yes, that's what I meant.

I wonder if you could get your final segment by using a combination of "Only Before Sequence" and "Only After Sequence" too.

Community Advisor

Dear tom1207,

Checkout my post on 'Page Views between Specific Pages' written today.

Have given the detailed realization of Sequential Segments and how to use them for the use case asked. You can replicate the same for your scenario.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow Digital | Terryn Winter Analytics