Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Fallout report by visitor and pages report by visitor do not match up

Level 3

Hey! I think the image explains my question....my pages reports do not match up with my fallout report data. The first page is always the same, then it differs dramatically. No segments have been applied, this is just basic data. 

clairea39507456_0-1658226730838.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The fallout takes only the people in the segment into account if they first did the steps before...

So in a 5 step process:

people who are in that last step had to do step 4 before, and step 3 before that, and step 2 before that, and step 1 before that....

In the table, each action is in isolation of one another.

The fact that your "total" UVs in your table is more than your step 1 UVs indicates to me that you have either a lot of people going straight to later steps (not doing step 1 - and possibly other early steps), or the user is doing this over multiple visits and losing their UV identification (maybe using incognito, maybe using a different browser, etc) but it means that that if a user isn't correctly identified as the same user, they could be lost in that fallout.....

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The fallout takes only the people in the segment into account if they first did the steps before...

So in a 5 step process:

people who are in that last step had to do step 4 before, and step 3 before that, and step 2 before that, and step 1 before that....

In the table, each action is in isolation of one another.

The fact that your "total" UVs in your table is more than your step 1 UVs indicates to me that you have either a lot of people going straight to later steps (not doing step 1 - and possibly other early steps), or the user is doing this over multiple visits and losing their UV identification (maybe using incognito, maybe using a different browser, etc) but it means that that if a user isn't correctly identified as the same user, they could be lost in that fallout.....

Community Advisor

Pro tip: build a segment from your Fallout by right-clicking a bar, then create a segment from the contextual menu.

Fallout visualisations are built from (rather complex) segments, so it is not so straightforward to use a simple Freeform Table to replicate.