Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

FAcing difficulty uploading SAINT file through FTP

Level 1

Hi I am trying to upload large amount of data using FTP ( Filezilla). I can see the files transferred to server. But does not move neyond that. its bee couplr of days. I do not see the confirmation file, neither do i see data in analytics. I uploaded similar file ( but less number of rows) using browser import and that worked as expected and data also appeared in analytics.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The uploaded file will be processed only if a blank file with the same name but with .fin extension exists. The process looks as follows:

step 1: upload classification.tab

step 2: upload classification.fin

step 3: Adobe infrastructure processes classification.tab file and removes both files from FTP.

See for reference – Import classifications via FTP

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

The uploaded file will be processed only if a blank file with the same name but with .fin extension exists. The process looks as follows:

step 1: upload classification.tab

step 2: upload classification.fin

step 3: Adobe infrastructure processes classification.tab file and removes both files from FTP.

See for reference – Import classifications via FTP

Level 1

Hi,

I am facing the exact same problem, but even if I have followed step 1 and 2 I never get to step 3.

I have uploaded a .tab and .fin file, but they have not been removed from FTP. I haven't received any message / popup of any kind explaining why the import of my classification to Adobe has not been successful...

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Employee Advisor

Are you sure the filename and extension is correct. How are you creating the .FIN file?

Make sure you are not just renaming the file to .fin, and not really modifying the extension.

Also, place the .FIN file only after the classification file has been uploaded completely.

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, the file extension is effectively modified..

Maybe I am just not waiting long enough. How long should it take for the files to be removed from the FTP and the classification to be imported ? My file is 1650ko large.

Thanks,