Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Export Processing Rules (Context data to simplify data collection)

amitcj
Level 1
Level 1

i need to export all the processing rules in the context data to simplify data elements and dimension. Can anyone advise me how to do this?

example :  s.context.Data['section']="sales" map to evar2, evar3, prop5

1 Accepted Solution
ursboller
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

in the "Report Suite Manager" there is a "donwload" option, just select the desired report suite and hit "download". But I haven't seen the processing rules there when I just had a quick view... maybe you can find it somewhere.

if not, do you have access to the API analytics-1.4-apis/README.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub  , maybe Swagger https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-1.4-apis/swagger-docs.html

there is a handy function called "ReportSuite.viewProcessingRules" which might help you to get desired data.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ursboller
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

what do you need:

a) an option to download current setting of processing rules?

b) help to setup the processing rules?

amitcj
Level 1
Level 1

Option A

a) an option to download current setting of processing rules?

and their mapping to rules and actions

ursboller
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

in the "Report Suite Manager" there is a "donwload" option, just select the desired report suite and hit "download". But I haven't seen the processing rules there when I just had a quick view... maybe you can find it somewhere.

if not, do you have access to the API analytics-1.4-apis/README.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub  , maybe Swagger https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-1.4-apis/swagger-docs.html

there is a handy function called "ReportSuite.viewProcessingRules" which might help you to get desired data.

View solution in original post

analystadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @amitcj 

Processing rules export is available in the 1.4 API, like @ursboller described.

Alternatively, I built a code-free tool that downloads your Processing Rules via the 1.4 API. 

See here for more info

Analyst Admin Processing Rules Export

Hope this helps!

Miguel