Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Export Processing Rules (Context data to simplify data collection)

Level 1

i need to export all the processing rules in the context data to simplify data elements and dimension. Can anyone advise me how to do this?

example :  s.context.Data['section']="sales" map to evar2, evar3, prop5

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

in the "Report Suite Manager" there is a "donwload" option, just select the desired report suite and hit "download". But I haven't seen the processing rules there when I just had a quick view... maybe you can find it somewhere.

if not, do you have access to the API analytics-1.4-apis/README.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub  , maybe Swagger https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-1.4-apis/swagger-docs.html

there is a handy function called "ReportSuite.viewProcessingRules" which might help you to get desired data.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

what do you need:

a) an option to download current setting of processing rules?

b) help to setup the processing rules?

Level 1

Option A

a) an option to download current setting of processing rules?

and their mapping to rules and actions

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

in the "Report Suite Manager" there is a "donwload" option, just select the desired report suite and hit "download". But I haven't seen the processing rules there when I just had a quick view... maybe you can find it somewhere.

if not, do you have access to the API analytics-1.4-apis/README.md at master · AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis · GitHub  , maybe Swagger https://adobedocs.github.io/analytics-1.4-apis/swagger-docs.html

there is a handy function called "ReportSuite.viewProcessingRules" which might help you to get desired data.

Level 2

Hi @amitcj 

Processing rules export is available in the 1.4 API, like @Urs_Boller described.

Alternatively, I built a code-free tool that downloads your Processing Rules via the 1.4 API. 

See here for more info

Analyst Admin Processing Rules Export

Hope this helps!

Miguel