Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Exit Links and pages they originate from

Level 2

A fairly standard request I hope, but one I can't seem to get to work. I need to know which page customers click on exit links. We are using the auto exit link tracking, which, as I understand, cannot be correlated with pagenames due to the way they are handled by the processing servers, where they are "removed" in order to not inflate page views. Since we have a lot of exit links, I do not want to have to manually tag all exit links and set a property, nor modify the s_code..What are my other options? I have tried using processing rules, so that where the pagename is not set, then I "overwrite" a prop with Page Domain + Page Path, which is meant to come from the "current URL" of the hit that is sent. However, it appears that this rule is setting the prop to "/", i.e. the separator for the concatenated value, so it looks like the Page Domain and Page Path cannot be used like this. I do not want to use the full URL, as it will contain lots of individual query parameters that will make it look like the links originate from various different pages.From looking at the hit that is sent (using the debugger), there is not much else I can use.

Has anyone done this without manually tagging all exit links or scripting something in the s_code/app_measurement? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Could you please send me a test mail on banga@adobe.com, as i want run few test scenarios for which i need credentials.

Regards

Devinder

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi

Could you please send me a test mail on banga@adobe.com, as i want run few test scenarios for which i need credentials.

Regards

Devinder