Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Exit Link URL's

Level 2

Hello,

I'm having a problem in Site Catalyst where the Exit Links report is simplifying URL addresses. For example, if available Exit Links included:

Site Catalyst is only reporting it as www.cnn.com.

How can I get the entire URL address to be recorded? Also, how do I record Exit Links in DTM?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello,

By Default, SiteCatalyst reports the entire URL in the Exit Link reports and strips only the Query String Parameter from the Exit Link. This behaviour is the result of a variable configuration in s_code which is set to FALSE by default.

I would suggest you to try changing it to 'true' as given below and see if it fixes the issue: 

s.linkLeaveQueryString= true;

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

•  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

I'm having a problem in Site Cataly too, please help)

Correct answer by
Level 4

**All the views given here are my personal and has no relation or doesn't reflect views of my employer.

Hello,

By Default, SiteCatalyst reports the entire URL in the Exit Link reports and strips only the Query String Parameter from the Exit Link. This behaviour is the result of a variable configuration in s_code which is set to FALSE by default.

I would suggest you to try changing it to 'true' as given below and see if it fixes the issue: 

s.linkLeaveQueryString= true;

Do like the post should you find useful by clicking on the "Heart Icon" and move this to "Solved" status for the benefit of other users of the forum.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Harsh Kabra |  Adobe Certified Expert: Digital Analytics® & SiteCatalyst Implementation & Reporting®

•  

Level 5

Hi 

s.linkLeaveQueryString(true /false)
This variable decides whether to leave or strip URL query in the URL that shows up in the reports. The default value is false.

Regards

Devinder