Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Exclude-Containers in Reporting API requests

Level 2

Hi!

I noticed that exclude-containers are not compatible with data warehouse requests and I was wondering if it's possible to use segments with exclude-containers in Reporting API requests? Couldn't find sth in the documentation on the Reporting API, but maybe someone already tried this and knows the answer Unfortunately I can't use the API yet so I am not able to test it myself. 

Thanks!

Anna-Lena

@Paul_96 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"Exclude" itself shouldn't have compatibility issues... however, how the rule is built (i.e. the complexity of the rule as a whole, or the operation that is being used) is the likely culprit.

However, Workspace uses the API to return data... so if the segment is compatible with Analysis Workspace, it should also work in the API.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

"Exclude" itself shouldn't have compatibility issues... however, how the rule is built (i.e. the complexity of the rule as a whole, or the operation that is being used) is the likely culprit.

However, Workspace uses the API to return data... so if the segment is compatible with Analysis Workspace, it should also work in the API.

Level 2

Thank you! I tried to export data from the data warehouse and there my exclude container was the issue. But I am optimistic that it will work with the API! Will report back once I tried