Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

eVar text case is getting changed while reporting

Level 1

I am sending a string in an eVar in lowercase however when it is populated in report it gets converted to uppercase and this is happening only for couple of values not for others.

For example : am sending eVar1= "text1 text2|text3" from website but in reports it is populating as

"Text1 Text2|Text3" 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

This happens because the very first value stored in the report suite was exactly with this capitalisation "Text1 Text2|Text3". Now exactly this value will be reported regardless of what capitalisation the new values will be captured in.

Best wishes,
Andrey Osadchuk | Launch Inspector, Analytics Connector, Bookmarks

Community Advisor
@Andrey_Osadchuk is that really the case? I'd expect that if the Allocation is "First Touch" and Expiry is "Never". But for all other combinations of Allocation and Expiry, I'd expect newer values to be reported.

Level 2

Hey Andrey, Could you suggest when would these values be reported back as captured? Would Adobe analytics do this forever? Will it ever refresh and show the values as captured which is in lower case?

Thank you,

Satish

Employee Advisor

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/components/dimensions/evar.html

eVars are not case-sensitive. If you send the same value in different cases (for example, "DOG" and "Dog" ), Analysis Workspace groups them together into the same dimension item. The case of the first value seen at the beginning of the reporting month is used. Data Warehouse shows the first value encountered during the request period.