Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Enhancement: Display the success event ID, conversion variable ID, or Property Value ID within workspace breakdowns

Level 2

In Adobe Analytics Workspace area, the left pane can search these values such as "v129" and shows the hint in parenthesis, but when I view within the breakdown on the right, this hint is not visible.

Please display it there as well so we do not have to enter into each Description within Admin as a workaround, this makes viewing workspace reports a little convoluted. Perhaps even a toggle option to display these or not. S1eg9s7Vgh.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

@dillonb16317612 - This has long been a challenge in Adobe Analytics, so I hope you get some traction with this request!

One suggestion I'll throw out (and others will likely offer similar thoughts) is to include the variable identifier as part of the name. Most implementations I work with use schemas similar to the following: [variableName] - [id] 

For example, name your eVar "Link Destination URL - v129". If it were a prop, name it "Link Destination URL - c1" (or "p1" depending on your preference).

I recognize it's not ideal, but this makes sure you always have the identifier.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

@dillonb16317612 - This has long been a challenge in Adobe Analytics, so I hope you get some traction with this request!

One suggestion I'll throw out (and others will likely offer similar thoughts) is to include the variable identifier as part of the name. Most implementations I work with use schemas similar to the following: [variableName] - [id] 

For example, name your eVar "Link Destination URL - v129". If it were a prop, name it "Link Destination URL - c1" (or "p1" depending on your preference).

I recognize it's not ideal, but this makes sure you always have the identifier.

Level 3
This is exactly what we have done for the past 14 years... works pretty well.