Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Engaged visits

Level 3

Hello everyone!

I'm trying  to do a calculated metric for visits where the time spent on site is greater than 10 seconds. Looking at segment builder and calculated metrics I don’t see how this might be possible.

Have anyone tried to do something similar?

Any help is appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I haven't done this in my reporting before, but I just tested out an example. If you go into the segment builder, even though the metric for time spent on site isn't there, you should see the dimension version of it. You can create a visit level segment using the "exclude" option, and then place the dimension in there for the values you want to remove. I used 40 seconds as an example because of the data in my dataset, but you can set it to 10 seconds, or any amount you need. Just bring in 'time spent per visit - granular', select "less than or equal to", put the upper limit of your range. Then set it to visit level and select 'exclude'. 
The result will be all of the visits that were on your site for 11 seconds or longer. You can then use that segment in a calculated metric.

Mandy_George314_1-1709411076322.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor and Adobe Champion

I haven't done this in my reporting before, but I just tested out an example. If you go into the segment builder, even though the metric for time spent on site isn't there, you should see the dimension version of it. You can create a visit level segment using the "exclude" option, and then place the dimension in there for the values you want to remove. I used 40 seconds as an example because of the data in my dataset, but you can set it to 10 seconds, or any amount you need. Just bring in 'time spent per visit - granular', select "less than or equal to", put the upper limit of your range. Then set it to visit level and select 'exclude'. 
The result will be all of the visits that were on your site for 11 seconds or longer. You can then use that segment in a calculated metric.

Mandy_George314_1-1709411076322.png

Level 3

Thank you so much, @MandyGeorge! Your suggestion to use the "exclude" option in the segment builder with the dimension version of time spent on site is ingenious. I appreciate you taking the time to test this out and share your method.
This approach is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for your help!