Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Editing other people's segments

Former Community Member

Hello, everyone!

What rights should be given to the user so that he can edit other people's segments?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@Deleted Account ,

Do you see the segment you wish to edit when you go to Components >> Segments? If not, click on Other filters at the left hand side bottom of segment screen >> Click on Show All. It will make all the segments visible for all the users. This is only available for Product admin users.

Open that segment, do you get Save option? If not means there could be some issue with your admin rights.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

@Deleted Account ,

Only an Analytics product admin can edit the segments of other users and save them. Other non-admin users with Segment creation access would be able to access and "Save As" the segment shared with them by other users means they can create a new segment by editing a segment shared with them but cannot re-save the original one. 

Former Community Member

I am an administrator, but I can't edit other people's segments. How do I get the rights to edit a segment?

Correct answer by
Employee

@Deleted Account ,

Do you see the segment you wish to edit when you go to Components >> Segments? If not, click on Other filters at the left hand side bottom of segment screen >> Click on Show All. It will make all the segments visible for all the users. This is only available for Product admin users.

Open that segment, do you get Save option? If not means there could be some issue with your admin rights.

Former Community Member

@vibhatna,

Thank you very much! I can edit and save segments from Components >> Segments.