Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

DTM Launch

Level 2

Hi,

I have created a rule in DTM, which is getting fired and I can see the data in the image request in Network section, but this data is not showing in the particular prop or evar in Adobe Analytics.

@Rudi Shumpert - @Can you please help?

I am new to DTM and I can see good click happening on the page but not able to categorize that data as per the categorization specified in prop/evar.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

alles40543848,

First make sure you wait at least 4 hours if you are doing the validation in Analysis Workspace. You may want to configure Real-time reporting for the report suite to debug the values in real-time.

Also check that the report suite and the tracking server are set correctly as it may appear the data is sent to a wrong destination.

Finally, double check Processing Rules as they may change the values sent from the page.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

alles40543848,

First make sure you wait at least 4 hours if you are doing the validation in Analysis Workspace. You may want to configure Real-time reporting for the report suite to debug the values in real-time.

Also check that the report suite and the tracking server are set correctly as it may appear the data is sent to a wrong destination.

Finally, double check Processing Rules as they may change the values sent from the page.

Level 2

Hey Andrey, thanks for replying.

The rule was set last week and the page also got live last week.

What I am observing is that the prop which I have defined in the rule is not showing the value in Workspace, while I can see it in the image request.

I also feel that the data is going to a wrong destination. How can I check & change the tracking server and report suite.

Community Advisor

Dear Alles,

Check this out : Correctly populate the trackingServer and trackingServerSecure variable

Checkout your image request for Report Suite, it will be under the Key Value Report Suite ID(s). Make sure that you are validating the correct report suite!

Thank You!

Arun

Level 2

Hi there,

If you did not solve your problem, could you share the server call containing the prop you want to feed, or the URL of the page you are testing?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Level 2

Hi Arun,

Thank you for your help.

I have another question regarding DTM implementation.

I have created a web property for my website , which is soon to be migrated on a different platform.

I want to understand that once my website is live and I push my rules to publish.

Do I have to make any change in Adobe Analytics code also to make sure that the data goes in the same report suite as it was before.

Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor

Dear Alles,

Platform change will not impact your Report Suite since you are gonna use the same DTM code to both the platforms.

But platform change will have impact on how you fire the rules. For a normal HTML Platform, triggering rules on Page Load / Library Load will be enough, but for a Single Page Application in addition to the Library Load you need to fire the rules on history change because page navigation wont load the page again. So use it wisely!

Thank You!

Arun

Level 2

That's great to know Arun!

Thank you so much..

Can you please elaborate on " For a normal HTML Platform, triggering rules on Page Load / Library Load will be enough, but for a Single Page Application in addition to the Library Load you need to fire the rules on history change because page navigation wont load the page again ".

Can you help me with a document for reference for the same.

Level 10
Do any of the answers below answer your initial question? If so, can you select one of them as the correct answer? If none of the answers already provided answer your question, can you provide additional information to better help the community solve your question?