Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does the webSDK tag extension partially populate sites when installed properly?

Level 1

Hi! I was doing research on CJA, and it seems like the right foundation is Adobe Client Data Layer, Adobe Tags, and the webSDK tag extension. I reviewed with a friend who commented that the webSDK tag extension would only partially populate a site on implementation, meaning, you'd only have webSDK on a handful of pages instead of all of them when you were done. I've been going through the documentation, but I am having trouble understanding when that would be true or why. Could someone help validate that I've got the right idea for the foundation, and answer when would the webSDK tag extension only partially populate an AEM site?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/client/web-sdk/web-sd...

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi @lisamarie13 

not sure what exactly you mean with partially populate an AEM site.

Can you elaborate a little more what brings you to this conclusion?

In general, you will need the right setup in Launch (rules to send ACDL events to the Edge network), AEM (send page views and interactions into the ACDL), Edge/datastream setup to enable CJA, CJA configuration.

Then, as long as AEM is consistently sending its events, I don't see why this should only work on parts of the site 

Level 1

Thanks for following up! Yeah, I didn't understand what my friend meant by that either, which is why I posed to the community: I wanted to be sure there wasn't something in my blind spot. The only thing I can think is that they misunderstood that I meant "AEM sites," because you would need to do a phased webSDK implementation of any site pages that weren't included in AEM, such as Marketo web pages or SF lead generation forms.

Glad I wasn't missing anything about this, happy weekend!

Level 9

Yeah, obviously you must provide the same events that trigger tracking on all parts of the website if it is not only built upon AEM.

have a great weekend!

Level 9

Let me know if you have any other questions, you can always DM me